MediWound Ltd. / “A multicenter, prospective, randomized, placebo controlled, adaptive design study performed to evaluate the safety and the efficacy of EscharEx (EX-02 formulation) in debridement of Venous Leg Ulcers”
- Study Physician(s): Matthew Regulski D.P.M., FFPM RCPS (Glasg), A.B.M.S.P., F.A.S.P.M.
The study is a clinical trial performed to evaluate an investigational drug in the pursuit of healing leg sores.
What is the study about?
Researchers are conducting the study to find out more about an investigational drug that is used to break down damaged tissue without effecting healthy tissue on patients that have leg and ankle sores. An “investigational drug” is a drug that is being tested and is not approved for sale in the United States by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Some key factors for patient inclusion in the study:
- Non-healing sore on your leg or ankle
- Men or women between 18 and 90 years of age
- Patient understands the nature of the procedure and is able to adhere to the protocol
- Additional factors are needed and will be presented to you by your physician